Monday, August 16, 2004

Finally

This morning as I was in my outdoor shower I heard the distinctive sounds of contractors and carpenters beginning work on the historic rehabilitation of my grandparents' home. I was elated to know they were actually starting the project after so many delays.

And immediately my elation was mixed with fear. Will everything go well? Will we be able to preserve as much of the house as we are hoping? How much will it cost? Will we have to contend with more hurricanes before it is completed?

And then I was saddened to remember that Lou Ann left yesterday to start another year of teaching in Indiana, and she was so hoping to see this project get underway. But I know she will be back for an off-season visit before too long. And in the days to come I will post a few photos as the recostruction project progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment