Monday, October 11, 2004

Autumn Beckons

I woke up this morning to a cool October breeze. I even pulled the quilt over my shoulders! But the air quickly warmed up into the 70's for another delightful island day.

All day long I seemed to be running back and forth between the shop and the rehabilitation project. While I was gone, and in the last few days, there has been quite a bit of activity at the house -- lots of new structural members on the north side of the house, a new bathroom addition on the south side, restored windows installed, new wooden replacement siding, heating & air conditioning ducts added, etc. I'll post some photos later.

Ocracoke is gearing up for a new fall celebration, "Village Days," November 12 & 13. You can read all about it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/villagedays.pdf. (This is an Adobe Acrobat "pdf" file and it might take a little longer than normal to load, so be patient.)

If you can get away for that weekend come on down and join us. There will be lots of fun things to do, island history to enjoy, and other special events.


No comments:

Post a Comment