Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

Ocracokers showed up early at the polls (the Community Center) this morning. I'm told that a line had formed 30 minutes before the doors opened at 6:30 am. All indications are that there will be a record turnout on the island this election day. Islanders are keenly interested in our local county commissioner's race, as well as the presidential contest.

We'll keep you posted as we get word of local results.

In other news, the weather continues to be outstanding. It was so nice yesterday that I jumped into the ocean on my daily walk along the beach. It was refreshingly cool, and the air was warm so I continued my walk barefooted & shirtless. Ah, November on the Outer Banks!


1 comment:

  1. Check out the dream I had on my blog ... nothing like dreaming that it's Election Day and when you awake you realize you're in Hatteras and have a 17 hour drive in order to vote. AIEEE! Maybe It's a sign that I should just live down there full time.

    ReplyDelete