Sunday, November 21, 2004

A Good Day

After a long day yesterday crawling under my house running electric wires I was rewarded at 6:30 when the Cedar Island ferry pulled into the slip with my son Stefen, his wife Snee, and my three grandchildren Zoe, Eakin, & Eliza. They will be here all week.

After brunch this morning with good friends Jimmy Creech and Chris & Natalia Weedy I will take my beach walk with the grand-younguns. It's such a treat to have them here in the off-season. The weather is still terrific even if it is cloudy today. Temperatures are in the mid 60's and the island is quiet, so I'll have plenty of time to spend with them.

Last night Bryan Bowers played to a full house at Deepwater Theater. Everyone agreed -- it's amazing what he can do with the lowly autoharp! As an added treat, Merle Davis had baked a half dozen delicious and exotic desserts for intermission. It was a great evening's entertainment.


No comments:

Post a Comment