Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Muzel & Lachlan

Last night at the Ocracoke Preservation Society potluck my grandson, Lachlan, and I sat at table with Muzel Bryant. Muzel, at 100 years old, and Lachlan, at 3 & 1/2 months old, were the oldest and youngest folks attending.

Muzel's mind is sharp and she remains in very good health. After the dinner and business meeting, Walt Wolfram, sociolinquist and friend of Ocracoke, introduced a documentary video that was produced by him and one of his students, Drew Grimes. The video, "Celebrating Muzel Bryant, 100 Years," documented Muze's long life and her community birthday party last March.

It was fun to visit with Muze and enjoy her quiet company.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    Hi Philip! Your journal helps me get through many hectic days, until I'm able to get back to Ocracoke. I'd love to get a copy of the Muzel video. Is it available? Also, how about another photo of Lachlan? One of your many 3rd (?) cousins...nora

    ReplyDelete