Sunday, January 30, 2005

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon

It's windy, wet, and overcast today....a good day to stay inside and curl up with a good book. So that's just what I am doing. I am reading "Lies My Teacher Told Me" by James W. Loewen. Subtitled "Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong," this 383 page book published in 1995, is, as various reviewers have noted, a "plea for truth in education," "delightful and unsettling," and "engaging."

If there's any news from the island I'll hear about it tomorrow. Right now I'm going back to my reading.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    Well Phillip...it was a crisp -4 here Saturday morning but warmed to 29 and is a balmy 33 right now...we have approx 2' of snow and lots of deer eating cracked corn. My chickens aren't laying any eggs and the wood burner is blazing....just waiting for the week of June 13th when we will once again be on the beautiful Outer BAnks! We rent a beach house in Frisco every June and usually take the ferry to your excellent store during the week...it can't come soon enough!!
    grh in Orfordville, Wisocnsin.

    ReplyDelete