Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ocracoke Revealed

Whether you've been visiting Ocracoke for years, or only recently discovered the island, you've probably fallen in love with our pristine beaches, our picturesque village, and our close-knit community. But there's another, more private side of Ocracoke that you may never have considered.

Yesterday, while shopping for milk, eggs, and butter I noticed a new sign on the Community Store bulletin board. Jerry Ricks at QuayHaul Productions is offering something very special for "that special someone for Valentine's Day." His classy, sensuous poster advertises "Boudoir Photography," & "Fine Portarits traditionally of women in a dressing room, bedroom, or private sitting room."

Although the advertisement is sophisticated and tasteful, it is on the suggestive side. Don't click here (this is a photo of Jerry's ad) unless you're sure you won't be offended! (What would my grandmother have thought?) On the other hand, you might want to contact Jerry or his staff for your next visit to the island. I'm sure this isn't only for Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:08 AM

    I started reading your Ocracoke Journal back this past summer. I looked forward to my daily reading feeling as though I was a part of all of the islands happenings. I feel almost like a part of a big family even though I haven't met any of you. Unfortunatly I lost the link I had to the journal and couldn't get back till tonight when I started looking again. I've been sitting here for the past hour or so re-visiting with all that has been going on since losing the link. I have been to the island several times but my last visit was a week before Hurrican Isabelle hit so it has been over a year since I've been there. My daughter and I are planning a trip down the 23, 24, and 25th of March. We hope to start looking for a place to buy as we want to open an art and craft shop (yeah I know, just what Ocracoke needs is another Art and Craft shop) when she graduates college next year. I hope to get the chance to meet some of you. It's a strange thing but when I think of Ocracoke I get a feeling of homesickness as though I belong there.
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete