Saturday, July 16, 2005

Clam Rakes & Email

As you might expect, readers send us emails now and then about our journal entries. We always respond if the email includes a question or request -- unless we can't, and that happens sometimes. For some reason the occasional email message we receive does not include a "from" email address when it gets forwarded to my personal account. I had such an email recently. It read:

"Enjoy reading your daily journal and especially enjoyed the article on clamming and clam rakes. Do you sell clam rakes and baskets at your store? If not, where can I purchase this equipment? Thank you. John"

Because I don't have his email address I can't reply directly to John. So I am responding here in our daily journal:

John, thanks for the kind words. Clamming is a great island summertime activity. It's wonderful to be out on the water much of the day, and you come home with dinner! But we do not sell clam rakes and baskets. My cousin made my rakes (he's a welder). But he doesn't have a business or email. I suspect that you can purchase rakes and baskets (actually, for a basket all you really need is a wire or plastic basket with a couple of floats tied to the rim) at one of the island tackle shops. Just check around on your next visit to the island.

Oh yeah....John, it would be nice if you would add a comment here if you've read my on-line reply. We really do want to know that you've received your answer. And thanks for writing.

[Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Kunigunde Guth Howard, published June 30, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news061505.htm.]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment