Wednesday, July 27, 2005

We knew you wanted to know...

The major conversation this week has been the heat. Not politics, not religion, not even skinny dipping in the creek...but the word HOT, HOT, HOT.

I have heard about the heat closing the Denver airport...baked folks in Chicago...and I can't even talk about Phoenix without holding a lemonade.

And yes, it arrived here yesterday. How hot is it? So hot that the water is bath water warm. So hot that folks are shopping just for the air conditioning. (How much would you charge me to stand over this air duct?) So hot that I actually had to put on my flip flops when walking home to lunch because of the heat on the sandy path.

But never fear. there's plenty of beach for all of you, ice cream and cold bear cooling in tubs. If you are desperate though, I'll let you stand over the air duct as a trade for some good conversation. The topic? The heat, of course!

Lou Ann

[Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Kunigunde Guth Howard, published June 30, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news061505.htm.]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment