Friday, August 12, 2005

Ocean Waves

The surf yesterday was big...with lots of white water and some current. It was great for body surfing and boogie boarding. The water today was not so rough. I even found a chest deep pool between the beach and the breakers that was just perfect for swimming. Even better -- no one was anywhere nearby. I had the beach to myself.

After my swim I walked a couple of miles down the beach, then lay in the sun and read a while. Not long enough to risk a sunburn, but enough to thoroughly relax. After one more quick dip in the ocean it was back home for lunch and to work this afternoon.

A glance at the weather web site indicates more great beach days ahead. It looks like "Irene" will be staying well out to sea. We're all happy about that!

[Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Old Toothbrush Man, published August 01, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news080105.htm.]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment