Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Election Day

What a long day yesterday. I awoke at 4:30 a.m. to get ready for a "trip up the beach" to pick up Amy & David. They were flying into Norfolk in the afternoon. They had been to Scotland for David's sister Ann's wedding, and then spent a second week touring Portugal. As you might imagine, they were exhausted, but delighted to get home (at 10:00 p.m.) to see Lachlan (he was asleep but happy in the morning to see them also!).

I left early so I could run some errands as well as pick up a new Subaru I had bought "long distance." The vehicle purchase took much longer than I had anticipated (what was I thinking?), so everything else on my list remained undone. I guess I'll take another scud up the beach soon.

Today I walked over to the Methodist Church Rec. Hall to cast my ballots. I noticed lots of "I Voted" stickers on shirts around the village, so I'm hoping the turnout is good. For all of our current problems, our founding fathers blessed us with a democratically elected government. It's an honor and a privilege to be a part of it.

You can read our latest newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news041506.htm. It's the story of Old Kade.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment