Sunday, October 15, 2006

LeConte Photos

Just thought some of our readers would enjoy seeing a photo of me and my companions at the top of Mt. LeConte last week. I'm second from the right in the front. We islanders so often get the question, "What do you all do in the winter?" Most of us enjoy traveling, along with a bit of adventure, when we're not at home.

In the photo we are standing on a rise (this is on a mountain, of course). Behind us is the top of the dining hall, which is ten or so feet lower. The sign on the building reads Elevation 6593 feet. (It's a wonder I manage this climb so easily since I spend most of my time about four feet above sealevel!)

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment