Friday, October 20, 2006

Ocean Swimming

I really hate to break this news to all of you off-islanders....but the weather here has been just stellar! I know, we've heard about cold weather around the country -- even snow in parts of the midwest and New York. Yesterday afternoon I went for a stroll along the beach. Wore my bathing suit. Sky was bright blue, temp in the upper 70s, sand warm and soft. And the water shall I put it?....inviting. Never passed another person the whole time I was out there, so I did what any sensible person would do, and then I jumped in. It was wonderful!!

('s not always so nice in late October. We've just been super lucky this year. You probably shouldn't even think about driving out here. :-) It's cloudy today with rain likely this weekend. By the time you get here we'll probably have a cold snap.)

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island.


  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    So what's happened to your writing hand, Philip? I need my daily dose of down-home news from my favorite island!

  2. I don't understand your question. I write a journal entry nearly every day. Today, as I write, it is Saturday, Nov. 4. Your comment was posted in reply to my post of Oct. 20. I am wondering -- are you unable to read anything beyond Oct. 20?? If so, please email me at, and maybe we can figure out the problem. We don't want you to miss keeping up on island news.