Monday, December 11, 2006

A Busy Week

Most of our readers can probably identify with busy-ness before Christmas. Ocracoke is no exception. This week I'll be part of a family dinner, the Ocracoke Civic & Business Association pot luck, and our annual Village Craftsmen dinner. Of course, there are the other usual holiday activities -- our school Christmas program Thursday evening, ordering and wrapping presents, putting up a yule log, finding a Christmas tree, writing to friends, etc.

Everything considered, life isn't too hectic on the island. I don't have to fight commuter traffic, and there's no mall filled with frantic shoppers. Actually there are hardly any shoppers at all. Mostly it's quiet. I think I'll wrap a few presents as I sit here at the counter!

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of two old maps (1590 & 1795) and place names on the Outer Banks.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment