Monday, December 04, 2006

Journal Problems

Just a few words so our readers know what has happened in the last few days. Blogger.com, which hosts our Ocracoke Journal, is "upgrading" to a new Beta version, and we were required to make the change sometime in the next month or so. I decided to go for it last Friday. Everything went smoothly, except that, when I looked on line the Journal page was blank!

I wrote to Blogger tech support, but by today had not heard from them. In the meanwhile I did some sleuthing and decided that the most likely source of the problem was the customized template I had created. My goal was to make the Journal visually consistent with the rest of our web site.

This morning I changed the template to one of Blogger's standard designs. Lo & behold, everything is working again, though with a totally different look.

I hope you enjoy having the journal back, even with a new look. By the way, did you read today's earlier post about the Doritos?

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of two old maps (1590 & 1795) and place names on the Outer Banks.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment