Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter's Back

A cold front has moved across the Outer Banks in the last twelve hours, and the temperature has dropped about thirty degrees. So it's chilly this morning, though still above freezing. I don't imagine I'll be walking barefoot on the beach today like I was on Monday. Actually this is a good day to stay inside and catch up on details. I've let so many little things go these last few weeks.

Luckily for me, Jude is back from a two week vacation in Aruba. She's sitting downstairs with a winter tan and a smile on her face, processing internet orders & paying bills.

Tonight I'll be attending an important meeting at the community center. A NCDOT spokesman will be here to talk to us and get input about bridge replacement along Highway 12 on the northern end of Ocracoke, a project slated for next winter.

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter is Jamie Tunnell's story about Dory Fishing on Ocracoke's Beach. Click on the link to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment