Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wind & Sand

It may have been sunny...and a little warmer, too....but it sure was windy yesterday on the beach. The wind was kicking up the waves, and that brought out the surfers. Donned in wet suits, their boards waxed up, they paddled out to catch the good ones. I walked on, into the wind, trying to keep from getting chilled.

The return hike was more pleasant, with the wind at my back. At home again I sat on my steps to take off my shoes and empty out the sand that had found its way between the seams. It is calm today, but overcast. I believe we might see some rain this afternoon.

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter tells about island customs relating to death & dying. You can read the newsletter here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Is there any update on Rob & Sundae's attempt to reopen the Community Store?

    ReplyDelete