Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring Cleaning

I just finished spring cleaning the "back" of Village Craftsmen. The back consists of my office, the stockroom and the room where new merchandise is received and priced and mailorders are processed for shipping. That area is fondly (?) known as the "Jude Wing". Last year I didn't get to clean it because I had a double knee replacement in February and was still recouping. So this spring - WHEW - what a job! It took almost two full weeks but darlin' it's spiffy now! I've dared everyone in the place to mess it up on threat of death. Well, maybe not death but something close. Spring Cleaning - can't wait to start at home - getting rid of, scrubbing, flinging open windows and letting in fresh warm breezes and sunshine, seeing flowers start to bloom, the birth of baby ducks and geese. It's time for the winter doldrums and cobwebs to be swept away by the joy and eternal optimism of spring. The possibilities are endless and the turtles will be back.....any day.

(Posted by Jude)

Here's the link to read all about the whistle: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news031807.htm

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Oh, I can't wait for the weekend to be able to do the same!!! Temp's in the 50's; enough to open all of the windows, let in the air, let my 18 year old cat enjoy all of the spring smells, and just enjoy being able to work until it is done to MY satisfaction.. Of course a little music from Ocracoke helps to move me along...Only six more weeks before I can get the real feel of Ocracoke by spending a week...Judy

    ReplyDelete