So here goes:
- "Some pictures of your son and family would be appreciated!" wrote one reader.
Many of you may have noticed that I don't take many photos. However, I will do my best to get a picture of my "mountain family" in July when they are all here on the island.
- Another reader wrote, "Please tell me that the fire dept will be selling those cool t-shirts through the summer. We won't get there til Labor Day, and I usually buy them for every one I know."
I don't know for sure, but I think the t-shirts are available at the Island Ragpicker. If not, they will surely know where to get them.
- Another question: "Philip, any word on how the Watermen's Association did in making their June 1st fund drive?"
- A personal note to reader, Marty Tennant the hammock man (some years ago he "worked" under the tree in front of the Slushy Stand selling and "demonstrating" hammocks):
Greetings from Ocracoke. Didn't know you were reading the journal. Stop by and say hello next time you are on the island.
- Most recently I had this comment and question: "I would love to see the Community Store reopened. Danny Garrish was my father-in-law's cousin, and we have many fond memories of him. Where could I inquire about future plans for the store?"
I don't have any new information at this time, but I understand that efforts are still ongoing to reopen the Community Store. As soon as I have any new information I will post it here.
Thanks to all of our readers for you questions and comments. We're happy to be one of your "links" to our favorite island.
Take a journey back in time with our latest Ocracoke Newsletter. You can capture some of the thrill of riding on the old mailboat Aleta by clicking here.