Friday, November 07, 2008

Some Interesting Figures

A few more comments about Ocracoke and our recent presidential election:

I was told that Ocracoke Island has 783 registered voters. But I understand that this number is not exactly correct, as some people have moved away or died, so I do not have the true figure (please do not ask me to get the correct figure; I suppose that number is available from official sources, but I don't have time to research it). In addition to the 457 voters who cast their ballots on Tuesday, another 62 cast absentee ballots. This means that at least 66% of Ocracoke's registered voters participated in the election process. The percentage is undoubtedly closer to 70% if the correct number of registered voters were available to me.

I understand that nationwide about 60% of registered voters turn out at the polls.

Our latest "newsletter" is a link to my new web site, Black Squall Books, with information about my forthcoming book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, and Stories from Ocracoke Island, which is expected to be available by mid-November. Click HERE to go directly to the web site to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment