Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fowler Photo Gallery

I dug through boxes and envelopes full of photographs yesterday and found three pictures with Fowler in them. I know I have others, but can't locate them. I hope you enjoy these.

This is my dad, Lawton, on fiddle, and Fowler on guitar. They are jammin' in Don Wood's "living room" (you probably can't see it, but there's a drill press behind my dad, and other tools scattered amongst the furniture):



Here are Fowler (on the left) and my dad enjoying a watermelon out on Jack Willis' dock:



(click on photo to view larger image.)

This final photo is one of my favorites. From left to right are David, me, Fowler, and Rob. Lachlan is in the front, standing on our crock of homemade Ocracoke meal wine.



Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter provides more information about the majestic live oaks on Ocracoke Island. You can read it here.

To read about Philip's new book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, & Stories from Ocracoke Island, please click here.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Thanks for sharing your memories & photos of Folwer. The old ones are really treasures, hate to see them go. Loving thoughts to his family and island friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Our thoughts and blessings go out to family and friends of Fowler. He will be truly missed but memories of his life, ways, and especially his laughter will be with us always! Thank you Philip for sharing your thoughts and photos. As always, your blog is our "happy place"!
    jackandceleste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leonard (the banjo player) alerted me to this story about Fowler that was published on the web not too long ago: href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/staylor336/2386216599/.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be sure to click on the links in the above story to see another photo and a brief comment about Fowler.

    ReplyDelete