Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chilly

Normally I extol the virtues of Ocracoke -- sun, sand, surf, a wonderful community...and warm temperatures. Lately the temps haven't been so warm. I stepped outside this morning wondering if it would ever warm up. It's downright chilly again today. And breezy, too. I hung my hammock up last week, but haven't even been in it yet.

I did check the forecast a few minutes ago. It looks like we'll be getting up to the low sixties by the end of the week. I don't think anyone will be complaining.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is Lou Ann's story of participating in the 2008 Christmas Bird Count on Portsmouth Island. You can read it here.

To read about Philip's new book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, & Stories from Ocracoke Island, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment