Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back

I've been "under the weather" as they say, for a few days -- a head cold that is gradually getting better, and a pulled shoulder muscle that still aches! But I figured I'd better write something before another day goes by. While I was out of commission that winter storm blew through the area (it blew so hard the ferries weren't running again), but other than wind and cold we only got a bit of rain. I kept my gas log stove going which, along with Christmas candles and a tree, made my living room festive, warm, and cozy. So I hunkered down with a book, magazines, and a bunch of crossword puzzles. Of course Amy & David made sure I didn't go hungry.

Today it's a cool 41 degrees, with just a light breeze. Today is also the anniversary of the wreck of the schooner "Mary" in 1839.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter discusses place names on Ocracoke. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news113009.htm.

1 comment: