Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If You Are On the Island...

...be sure to come out to the fish house between 2 and 5 pm today for roasted oysters, steamed shrimp, & Van O'Neal's fish stew! There will also be live music, and dessert afterward at the Watermen's Exhibit (formerly Jack's Store, and later, Annabelle's Florist) out on the dock at the Community Square.

Joyce Reynolds will be there with her latest quilt, made from Ocracoke Island fishing related T-shirts, many signed by local fishermen. A drawing for the quilt will be held at the Labor Day 2010 fish fry. Get your tickets early for just $15.00 each. Proceeds go to the Ocracoke Working Watermen's Association.

See you there!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter discusses place names on Ocracoke. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news113009.htm.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Now I REALLY wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Hello Phillip,

    Can you get us a picture of that quilt? It's sounds great.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the roast by one day! I was on the Island Dec. 28th and everyone I met begged me to stay an extra night, but I just couldn't make it work. Hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete