Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fear No Fish

Are you an Ocracoke Island restaurant chef...do you work with fish, prepare menus, or otherwise pass on knowledge about fish...are you a local fisherman or fisherwoman...or are you just interested in fish and how to prepare and cook them?

If so, you might be interested in a "waterman and chef's roundtable and cooking collaboration to explore the care and preparation of water-to-table fish and seafood." This event will be held Friday, February 18, starting at 10 am (no one knows how long it will last), at the home of Merle & Donald Davis on Ocean View Road (in the garage).

For more information you can contact Merle or Donald at 252-928-2587.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Sam Jones, Island Legend. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012111.htm.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 AM

    Hmmmmnnnn.....that sounds like a "fishy" meeting if I ever heard one!!!!

    Seriously, I bet there will be a lot of good, common sense info shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Hi Philip-Did you happen to see your friend Captain Rob Temple on the history channel's TRUE CARRIBBEAN PIRATES?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know anything about the history channel's program, so no, I did not see Rob. Maybe I'll be able to see a re-run...or I could just go down to his boat and find out what he shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Very true Philip , but anyone not blessed to be on your wonderful island can watch the program on Comcast On Demand-History International -Specials. Temple narrates the Blackbeard portion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:40 PM

    SOOooo sorry I didn't know about the fishy gathering at the Davis's. I would love to attend, but can't as I already have plans. Was this advertised around the island?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there was (or is) a notice in the PO. At any rate, Merle asked me to post the information here in the Ocracoke Journal as an invitation to anyone interested.

    ReplyDelete