- Does it rain salt water here?
- Is this still the United States?
- Where is low tide?
- Do you have to take another ferry to get to Ocracoke?
- What does the ocean do?
- What is the name of the Ocracoke lighthouse?
- What are we supposed to be looking at on this island?
One of my all time favorites (referring to Howard Street) is "I see this is a one-way street. If we go down there, can we get out?" I can only guess what they were thinking -- maybe that at the end of Howard Street there is a huge parking lot filled with rusting automobiles.
Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Sam Jones, Island Legend. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012111.htm.