Sunday, February 06, 2011

Six Year Olds!

On Monday Amy and I went up the beach (dentist appointment, shopping, lunch with a friend). Amy always enjoys stopping at the thrift stores. At one place she purchased swim fins for $2.00. They are just the right size for Lachlan.

On Thursday Lachlan & I spent the afternoon together. It was raining so we read some after lunch (he loves Greek myths, especially Jason and the Golden Fleece), then played games. Later I needed to run a few errands. We put on our jackets and hats and headed to the car. Instead of shoes Lachlan decided to wear his new swim fins! He was quite the sight, tromping through the puddles, up the stairs, and into the lobby of the bank. Oh, to fathom the mind of a six year old.

Yesterday he was a cowboy.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Sam Jones, Island Legend. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012111.htm.

5 comments:

  1. Wait until Lachlan decides to wear his new swim fins to bed. Keep your camera ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 AM

    I know......loved the story and used my imagination to picture it, but I admit, a "Kodak moment" photo would have been extra nice to go along w/ the story!

    Philip, do you ever grow weary with your mainlander bloggers picky requests????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't grow weary of requests, especially thoughtful requests that are written in coherent, well constructed sentences.

    I'm happy that so many folks love Ocracoke and want to know as much about this place as they can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:34 AM

    Thanks, Philip, for humoring your mainlander bloggers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie Leonard11:06 PM

    I love that you let him wear them!

    ReplyDelete