Monday, July 18, 2011

Three Photos

Thursday, after dinner, Lou Ann & I took my family out to the beach to watch the full moon rise over the ocean. I gleaned the following three photos from Lou Ann's camera...a small sample of many pictures she had of a spectacular evening display. Click on any photo to view a larger image.

Sunset behind the dunes:



Stefen, Snee, Zoe, Eakin, & Eliza in the Moonlight [I noticed after I published this that Eliza is not in the photo...Lou Ann says she is hiding behind her mama!]:



Lou Ann & I:



Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a modern day ghost tale, "Ode to Mrs. Godfrey," by guest columnist Tom McDonald. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news062111.htm.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Mighty fine! Are there more to come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Is there a place to donate blood on OI? I understand the Red Cross is low on blood. Blood banks are non profit agencies. But the amount they charge hospitals is less then what a hospital charges a patient for blood. If blood banks always had people donating blood do think the economics of things would lower prices all around, for everyone?? With so many visitors on the island the altruistic nature of donating blood may be pulsing through the community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    I was wondering, last year my family and I tried to go to the beach at night and we got half way across the walkway and realized we were being eaten alive by the green flies. Did we just pick a bad day, is there a trick to making it to the beach at night without being eaten alive, or do you just have to endure the flies to enjoy the beach at night? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. debbie s.11:08 AM

    Thank you so much for sharing philip! I always love seeing the photos you post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Blood Mobile comes to Ocracoke periodically. I believe there is always a repectable turnout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have biked to the beach after dark and been swarmed (did I say swarmed?) by mosquitoes. They near about drove me crazy as I ran across the dunes to the beach. Out by the water they didn't bother me at all.

    At other times the green head flies are terrible. They are more likely to attack you near the water.

    But the bugs aren't always bad at the beach at night. Last Thursday was not only beautiful with pleasant temperatures...there weren't any bugs at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:38 AM

    Philip, you've shared so many photos through the years....these taken on the beach at night are some of the best.

    Thanks for giving us another unique glimpse of Ocracoke. It tugs at my heart when I see such pictures, but this NC mainlander loves seeing the photos more than you possibly can know.

    ReplyDelete