Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mistaken Identity

After I posted on yesterday's blog I was reminded of Sam Tolson, the Portsmouth Island native who was arrested in Elizabeth City because authorities mistook him for John Wilkes Booth.

Sam Tolson

I have mentioned Sam Tolson in several posts in this blog. You can read them all here:

Our current Ocracoke Newsletter is an account of Infant & Childhood Mortality on Ocracoke. You can read it here:


  1. Anonymous7:07 AM

    And people complain today about having government issued photo identification!!. Especially those that publicly acknowledge they resemble some one of note-- be ware have the ability to calm any nerve with our id. Plus you can vote in NC without any question. Tell us again about his dancing slippers.

    1. Sorry, but I don't know any more about his dancing slippers. He must have danced like many O'cockers I've known who were described as "light on their feet."