Bonner Bridge now OPEN; winter ferry schedule to resume & Christmas holiday ferry info
Bonner Bridge to Open to Traffic at 4 p.m. this Afternoon (12/15/2013)
RALEIGH - Governor Pat McCrory and Transportation Secretary Tony Tata announce the reopening of the Herbert C. Bonner Bridge on N.C. 12 at 4 p.m. this afternoon. North Carolina Department of Transportation engineers deemed the bridge safe for traffic after several sonar scans, driving two test pilings, and multiple inspections over the past week. The emergency repair work to add more support to the bridge continues.
NC Ferry Division to Resume Regular Winter Schedule December 17
MANNS HARBOR - With the reopening of the Bonner Bridge, the Ferry Division will be winding down its emergency operations at Stumpy Point and Rodanthe, with the last ferry out of Stumpy Point at 5 a.m. Monday Dec. 16th, and the last boat run of Rodanthe at 6 a.m., based on need. The regular schedule, beginning Tuesday, is as follows:
- Hourly departures from both sides between 5 a.m. and midnight
- Departing from Cedar Island: 7 a.m, 10, and 4p.m.
- Departing from Ocracoke: 7:30 a.m, 1p.m., and 4.
- Departing from Swan Quarter: 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Departing from Ocracoke: 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.