Friday, January 31, 2014

One Million

Around noon yesterday our Ocracoke Journal surpassed 1,000,000 page views! Since 2004 we've been sharing news, stories, photos, poems, recipes, and other information about Ocracoke Island. Ironically, the post that garnered the most page views (Nookd with more than 68,000) wasn't even about Ocracoke. The next most popular posts were about island weather -- usually snow or hurricanes.

Nevertheless, we hope our readers enjoy the stories about island life, the brief historical accounts, and our vintage photographs.

Uncle Stanley, Philip, Uncle Marvin & Diabando, ca. 1950














We definitely enjoy sharing Ocracoke with our readers, so come back often.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is an account of the 2013 Portsmouth Island Christmas Bird Count. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012114.htm.

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be counted as many of those page hits! I start my morning with this blog (and a few others), to fortify myself with a little goodness before going to the news sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Thank you. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I know I'm here everyday... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy9:34 AM

    I visit your page daily to help me feel connected to the island when I can't be there. Thanks so much for all the research and personal touches you offer each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super! I enjoy your journal every day. It's a little happy moment in my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:00 PM

    Philip,
    I start my day reading the Journal with my cup of coffee. I love the way you tell stories, share the history of the island and treat us to beautiful poetry and photography. You have a calm, fair and peaceful approach to life...and and you are very insightful. Thanks for making my day every day!
    NJ Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa/OH10:20 PM

    Congrats! Glad to have contributed to the magic number of hits! This place is a great way to start the day. Thanks for all your insights about my favorite island!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that makes me one in a million.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank Carterson Jr.9:29 PM

    Congratulations. My favorite OBX blog. Thanks for all of the valuable information.

    ReplyDelete