Monday, January 27, 2014

The God Article

I recently came across an interesting article written by Mark Sandlin, a Presbyterian minister and contributor to the Huffington Post. Rev. Sandlin writes on his Facebook page, "One of my recent blogs ended up on BOTH Sojourners (one of the largest social-justice Christian blogs) and The Richard Dawkins Foundation (one of the largest atheist blogs). Kind of wild."

I am posting a link to his article below. This is a bit of a departure from my typical posts, but if you read to the bottom of the article, just before the comments, you will see a photo of the author. Read the next to the last sentence of his bio...and you will see what prompted me to publish this link.

Maybe Rev. Sandlin will be just as impressed that he is being referenced on the Ocracoke Journal, as on Sojourners & the Richard Dawkins Foundation! Perhaps he will even leave a comment.

http://www.thegodarticle.com/7/post/2014/01/10-things-you-cant-say-while-following-jesus.html

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is an account of the 2013 Portsmouth Island Christmas Bird Count. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012114.htm.

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with that last sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Every day I thank God I'm an atheist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:22 AM

    How is Lou Ann doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lou Ann is recuperating well. Remarkably, she has very little pain. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  4. Dear Anonymous, thank you for asking! I am doing just what I am supposed to be doing...nothing. I must admit I miss tromping around during the winter months! I also want to comment on the article. I know for a fact that I didn't break my ankle for a reason...I just slipped on the ice!! Thanks to everyone for your concerns. May this be the end of the broken era in my life! Lou Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, excellent article. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni W.12:59 PM

    I agree with a lot of what he had to say-especially the last sentence!!

    ReplyDelete