Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Coquina Clams

On Monday I stumbled upon several small patches of coquina clams just above the high tide line. I took this photo:


Here is a close-up:

Wouldn't this make a great jigsaw puzzle?

Our latest monthly Newsletter is the story of the Ocracoke Orgy. You can read it here:


  1. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Is it not true that there was once a living creature inside each of those shells? Now these creatures fell out of the shell or were removed by a hungry crab or fish? I suppose if I were a little sea creature living inside a shell and my fellow sea creature neighbor was no longer in its shell I would be alarmed. I can't help but wonder what they were doing before they washed up upon the shore.

    1. There were living creatures inside each of those shells. They were waiting for high tide.