Friday, August 27, 2004

Another Beautiful End-of-Summer Day

I love to go to the beach in late August, September, and early October. It's the best time for lots of reasons. The water is still delightfully warm, the beach isn't nearly as crowded (compared to so many other beaches, I guess it never is crowded), and as the air cools a little, it's not so hot, either. Today I found a "pool." The water was only about chest deep, but it was deep enough to swim. The waves were gentle, but fun. I swam, floated, dived under the waves, and just let the peacefulness sink in (no one was anywhere near me). The ocean is a great refresher and rejuvenator. There is no place like it.On a practical note -- I have published a couple of comments on the daily journal entry for August 21, 2004. I didn't have time to respond right away because there's been a lot going on for me lately. (My daughter, Amy, stopped working to care for her new baby, and my good friend, Lou Ann, stopped working to return to her teaching job, so guess who is filling in. Also, the old house rehabilitation project is moving right along, and, although I'm not pounding nails, it's still a lot to think about.). The comments are about Mike Piland, Ocracoke postmaster, and my writing style. You can read the comments here: http://villagecraftsmen.blogspot.com/2004/08/ocracoke-post-office.html


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    DOES OCRACOKE HAVE A STATE MOTO ? IF NOT, I THINK UNCLE ALONZO HAS ONE FOR THE ISLAND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ocracoke might be said to have several mottoes. Take your pick:

    1.) When work interferes with pleasure, give up work.

    2.) No fools, no fun.

    3.) We don't care what you do. We just want to know about it.

    ReplyDelete