Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Something's Got to Give

What gorgeous weather we've been having! After work today (I worked from 9 - 3:30) I headed directly to the beach. The tide was high and the waves and currents were strong, but the water was warm and inviting. I stayed about an hour, then came home to fix my supper. Afterwards I visited my old house to see what the carpenters had done for the day. Then I walked across the lane to see cousin Blanche. She entertained me for almost 2 hours about Ocracoke's old-time childhood games, storms, shipwrecks, and island history.

I'm back home again -- with dirty dishes to wash, laundry to do, emails to answer, bills to pay, floors to vacuum, and photos to upload to our web site. Maybe I'll just make a phone call to Lou Ann, instead, and then go to bed! Like Alonzo Howard used to say, "If work interferes with pleasure, give up work."


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:58 PM

    I SAY GIVE UP WORK, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL IDEA. CONCERNED THAT WE HAVEN'T HAD AN UPDATE FROM LOUANN FOR AWHILE...LET HER KNOW THE MAKINS (FROM BOONSBORO) ARE ASKING ABOUT HER.

    ReplyDelete