Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Ocracoke....

......but didn't know who to ask!

For a limited time I am offering to answer (if I can, or am willing!) your questions about the island. Surely, you've had questions but didn't know where to go to get answers. History, people, wildlife, politics, geology........ I won't always know the answers, of course, but I'll try to find out for you if I don't know.

Just post a comment with your question and I'll answer them in the order I receive them. If I get too many questions I'll just call a halt to it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 PM

    What percentage of the island population is made up of Ocokers as opposed to move ins? Do you have a rough estimate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:43 AM

    How many children attend the school each year and how many teachers are there? How big was the graduating class? Do they have any of the extra curricular activities or special education classes like the larger schools?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:22 PM

    I've heard on the grapevine that you have an aversion to squirrels. Did you have a nasty experience as a wee lad, or did they perhaps get into your moonshine one time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phillips or any one, Please some information about renting a small cottage 2 rooms for middle march or a B&B very economic 2 rooms. I am under budget, Tha island is pecious. Lydi
    Thank you
    lydenglish@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re. cottage rentals: I'm not a good one to ask...because I live here and never rent a cottage (seldom even have opportunity to visit rental houses). However please go to our Ocracoke Information web page (http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/ocracoke.htm) and scroll down to Lodging and Real Estate. There you will find links to island realtors, motels, hotels, B&Bs, and cottages. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete