Friday, December 30, 2005

Photos to Share

After yesterday's post Norma Sigal sent me a very nice note. It read, "Thanks for the nice article. Are you prepared to show the world your new hairstyle (or is that word no longer appropriate -- perhaps it should be headstyle?) If so, you're welcome to illustrate with the attached photos."

A little explanation is in order. I have hair clippers and cut my own hair. I just attach the depth gauge and buzz cut my hair. Several days ago I took the clippers apart to clean them. When I reassembled the clippers I forgot to reattach the gauge. After the first swipe Lou Ann looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "Are you sure you know what you are doing?"

"Of course I do," I replied. "I do this all the time."

After the second cut, and another "Are you really sure you know what you are doing?" I suddendly remembered the depth gauge. Of course, by that time I was committed!

So here are a couple of Norma's photos as full disclosure.

Lou Ann, Philip, Al, & Linda:




Soul Brothers, Philip & Al:




Another of Norma's Photos, just for the beauty of it (Sunset at Springer's Point):



Happy New Year to All! I'll be taking a few days off to celebrate First Night in Raleigh. All the best to all of our readers in 2006. Look for our next post sometime next week.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Ocracoke's Street Names, Part II, published December 19, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news121805.htm.

.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Hi Philip...greetings from New Jersey, and wishes for a wonderful New Year. I've told you many times how much your journal means to me...I save it for the most stressful part of my day, and it works better than Xanax! In the photo of you and Al, I think you really look like Uncle Lawton, of course, he had much nicer hair. Love, third cousin NoraEllen.

    ReplyDelete