Sunday, April 15, 2012

Poems

In recognigiton of National Poetry Month, today  I am posting three recent poems by my grandson, Lachlan Wesley Tweedie Howard, age 7:

I'm Dining on Very White Lettuce

I'm dining on very white lettuce,
And though it may seem very queer,
The lettuce I'm dining is not all white,
Though some parts are partially clear.

I'm dining on very white lettuce,
I say "More lettuce please!"
Yep, this is what happens when you're dining on lettuce,
with very, very white cheese.

Clouds

Clouds, Oh dark and stormy
Oh, clouds that I adore
Cover the golden path of the sun
To sweep shadows ‘cross the floor

Teeth

Your teeth, your teeth, your teeth
They sure could use some brushing
If you don’t brush, they’ll turn to mush
Your teeth, your teeth, your teeth.

You are welcome to share your original poems in a comment.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Rondthalers of Ocracoke Island. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news032112.htm.

6 comments:

  1. bill kostar7:31 AM

    The poem about clouds is excellent and clearly shows one of the joys of growing up on Ocracoke.
    The lettuce and teeth-brushing work should be strongly supported by the National Institutes of Health and parenets evverywhere.
    The author is a very smart and perceptive young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:30 PM

    delightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Great rhymes, I see the Teeth as lyrics for a jingle for a commercial.Gosh I have the tune stuck in my head now. No excuses I'm a gonna have pearly white teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. debbie s.7:13 AM

    great job lachlan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Great stuff Lachlan! Very impressed. Another "literary Howard genius.".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:51 PM

    What a clever young man. It appears that he not only shares your birthday, Philip, but also your literary talent!

    ReplyDelete