Monday, August 15, 2005

An Hour & a Half

That's how long it takes me to get to work. Well, the commute itself isn't so bad, just a short walk around the corner. About a minute, maybe a little longer if my neighbors are sitting on their porch and I stop to say good morning.

I nornally rise between 6:30 & 7:30. Breakfast is first on my agenda. Oatmeal (with real maple syrup & cinnamon), a smoothie, and English muffins are standard fare. Occasionally I enjoy eggs, bacon, & grits or hash brown potatoes. My son-in-law, Fiddler Dave, made me a table-top book stand for Christmas two years ago. I prop up my latest book and read as I eat. (Even better, when Lou Ann is here we share thoughts, tell funny stories, plan our day together.)

By the time I wash the breakfast dishes, make my bed, water the plants, and take my shower it's time to stroll over to Village Craftsmen. No hurry, no mad rush, no half-eaten breakfast roll. Island life suits me just fine.

[Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Old Toothbrush Man, published August 01, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news080105.htm.]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment