Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sunshine & Snow

I look out the living room window and see fine snowflakes falling gently from the sky. But, no, I am not on the island. I am in Indiana visiting Lou Ann, and it is cold and beautiful outside. Joan & Ernest are staying in my home on Ocracoke, enjoying the weather there. My daughter, Amy, tells me that it is warm (in the mid-60s) and sunny. Well I'll be home in just a few days. I'll leave Lou Ann reluctantly and I'll bring a little bit of the mid-west back with me. In a few months Lou Ann will be back on the island, enjoying the sand and the sea. Look for her this summer at the counter of the Village Craftsmen.

You can read our latest newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news021806.htm. It's the story of the US Life Saving Station on Ocracoke and the wreck of the A.F. Crockett on February 17, 1885.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment