Monday, September 15, 2008

Fish Cakes & Fig Cake

I put together some delicious fish cakes the other night. The night before, I had baked fresh flounder (with fresh basil and butter). So I flaked the left-over flounder and mixed it with spices, onion, horseradish, boiled egg, cocktail sauce, and bacon. David had made soup and bread, so we combined our comestibles (Bill Jones came too, with boiled shrimp), and we enjoyed a wonderful meal together (along with Amy & Lachlan, of course). Lachlan had requested a fig cake, so I made that for dessert.

As my mother's father always said (he was from Hungary), and Lachlan is fond of repeating at the dinner table, "We eat good in America!"

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the wreck of the Victoria S, and Ocracoke's first automobile accident. You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:00 PM

    Philip, Lachlan and your grandfather are right...

    ReplyDelete