Monday, September 08, 2008

Humid

Everyone I talk with is complaining about the humidity. The air is just "heavy" and stifling. In addition, the power has been blinking on and off since Hanna passed by. I don't know what is causing it, but I've heard of at least one refrigerator that "gave up the ghost" because of the power surges.

There is still a threat of rip currents, so please pay attention if you choose to go in the water. I know this won't last, and we are all delighted that there are no storms threatening the Outer Banks at this time.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the wreck of the Victoria S, and Ocracoke's first automobile accident. You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:13 AM

    I'm sorry the power is blinking on and off. Just curious. but if a resident owned a generator would this be the time to use it? Intermittent power surges--isn't that what is occurring with the "power blinking on and off" perhaps other appliances will be forced to give up the ghost due to an oversight of a generator owner's failure to attempt any possible means to electrify their residence.
    Perhaps a bit in the Journal on the proper I mean correct I mean safe manner in which to hook up and electrify an Ocracoke residence is in order?

    ReplyDelete