- I've been researching the Artists' Colony that operated for several months in the summers of 1939 & 1940. Look for a newsletter article sometime this winter (it is an intriguing story),
- I'm also documenting several of the island's largest live oak trees. That will be the subject of another newsletter sometime soon,
- My new book, Digging up Uncle Evans, should be out by mid-November. Look for more information in the coming weeks,
- The community is getting ready for our annual Halloween Carnival tomorrow night (I'll be in the spook house acting creepy), and
- We're only three days away from the beginning of our second annual Ocrafolk School. There are twenty-nine students enrolled. More information to follow.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Lots of Little Stuff
As usual in the off-season, there is no major island news to report. But I have been kept busy with lots of little stuff this week: