Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Earl

Ocracoke is quiet this morning...and islanders are calm, but making a few preparations for whatever comes. There is no panic here, just a wait-and-see attitude for now. A few folks have been taking boats out of the water (David & I got my boat out this morning), and moving larger boats to more secure locations. And people have been putting outdoor items away.

I haven't heard of any evacuations yet, but I'll let you all know as soon as I hear any official reports (or well-founded local news).

I think it's still too early to tell what track Earl will ultimately take, though it seems almost certain that the storm will at least brush the Outer Banks.

4 comments:

  1. Phillip and crew,
    Take care of yourselves and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:23 PM

    We are praying that Ocracoke will withstand any weather coming it's way. We love your island and cherish it as a place to get visit when we need some time to relax. We'll be keeping an eye on the weather. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking to a local resident recently and asked her about storms and flooding. I liked her reply. She said, "...everyone has their weather...you wake up to two feet of snow, put your boots on and go...we wake up to two feet of water, put our boots on and go." Thanks for the updates...Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:16 PM

    You have been through some terrible storms and hurricanes before and I hope "Earl" will decide NOT to make trouble on "our" Ocracoke, or on any part of the beautiful, but fragile Outer Banks.

    God speed and stay safe!

    Prayers are on board with you!

    ReplyDelete