Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OcraFolk School

2010 marks the fourth year for our annual Ocrafolk School. Held the last week of October (from Sunday, October 24 - Friday, October 29), the school offers classes in photography, cooking, jewelry making, Ocracoke Island history, customs & nautical lore, and ships-in-bottles.

The OcraFolk School is a wonderful opportunity to learn a new skill or improve an existing one, or immerse yourself in island culture while enjoying superb food, outstanding music, and island living in a creative community atmosphere.

I understand there are still a very few openings in some of the classes (sorry, but the Ocracoke Sampler class I teach with Captain Rob Temple and park ranger David Frum is already full).

Take a look at the OcraFolk School web site to learn more about the school and what we have to offer: http://www.ocrafolkschool.org/

We hope to see you in October!

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter, Looking for the Wahabs of Ocracoke, was written by Dr. James Zogby, president of the Arab American Institute. You can read the article here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news082110.htm.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Thanks, Philip, for writing about The OcraFolk School as this is one area about Ocracoke I didn't know much about & now I'm most intrigued!

    I won't be able to participate this year, but I will definitely add it to my "bucket list".

    The hard part, I would imagine, is selecting which class to take! It all sounds exciting!

    I look forward to seeing pics and hearing about the 2010 OcraFolk school in October.

    ReplyDelete