Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Jazz

Ocracoke has musicians...rock musicians, folk & roots musicians, and classical musicians. Did you know we also have a jazz ensemble?

Tonight at 7 o'clock at Gaffer's Sports Pub on NC Highway 12 our island jazz group will be entertaining diners for two hours with an assortment of blues, ragtime, and Dixieland music.

You just never know what wintertime fun islanders will think up! Come on out for an entertaining evening.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of a 1911 wedding on Portsmouth Island. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news022111.htm.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 AM

    Gaffer's Sports Pub? I don't recall seeing that on my last trip to Ocracoke. Something new? Or did I just miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's near Jason's. Was a Mexican food place a few years ago. Then it was another short-lived restaurant (Can't recall the name--opened FEb. 09?).

    Gaffer's was new to me last September...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ejayhall2:44 PM

    Gaffer's has a good lunch menu and lower drink prices than most places on the Island. They also have some nice TV's to watch the games on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:17 PM

    Before the Mexican restaurant, it was an Italian restaurant (can't recall the name).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 AM

    The Mexican place was called Mango Loco. The Italian place was a pizza place called Rielly's, I think. Irish Pizza joint? Hmmm... We never went so I can't comment on the food.

    Gaffer's is cool because of the live music. They sport full bands. Mango Loco had music too. I played an open mic night there. It was great. I wish there was another open mic night on Ocracoke. I come down for vacation and start jonesing to perform when I see all the great music.

    Boy, do I miss Ocracoke.

    Kevin Driscoll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaffer's is located in the building that was the original Howard's Pub. Over the years it has been home to a number of different restaurants. It is between the Variety Store and the Post Office.

    ReplyDelete