Friday, April 04, 2014

Where Are They Now?

On April Fool's morning I sat down at my computer to see if I had any comments on my post about drone lifeguards. After I was finished reading I raised my eyes and glanced out my window. I saw the top of a head at the base of my front steps.

This is what I saw when I opened my door.















My new friends remained in my yard all day, but they mysteriously wandered off during the night. I am told they paid a visit to Kenny Ballance. By morning they had found their way to the coffee shop, but rumor has it they departed last night around 10 pm.


















My guess is that they are still on the island, hoping to find a kind soul to take them in. If you see them, please report their whereabouts to the authorities...or just leave a comment.

Out latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a reprint of a 1948 article about the Mail Boat Aleta, "Boat Hauls Mail, More." You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news032114.htm.

3 comments:

  1. Have they tried The Inn at Ocracoke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:09 AM

    There's no room at the inn.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni W.6:22 AM

    You may find them in a stable...

    ReplyDelete