The eight Lords Proprietors of the Province of Carolina were:
- George Monck, 1st Duke of Albemarle (1608–1670)
- Edward Hyde, 1st Earl of Clarendon (1609–1674)
- John Berkeley, 1st Baron Berkeley of Stratton (1602–1678)
- William Craven, 1st Earl of Craven (1608–1697)
- Sir George Carteret (c. 1610–1680)
- Sir William Berkeley (1605–1677)
- Sir John Colleton, 1st Baronet (1608–1666)
- Anthony Ashley Cooper, 1st Earl of Shaftesbury (1621–1683).
Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a 1910 article about waterfowl hunting. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news102114.htm.