|Click to Enter|
This free app (no download is required; simply type the address in your smart phone, tablet, or laptop browser) is a great resource for a wealth of information about Ocracoke. (In the spirit of full disclosure, this web app was designed and produced by my son, Stefen Howard, so I admit that I am a tad biased.)
Ocracoke Navigator is a thorough introduction to Ocracoke for first-timers, a handy resource for frequent visitors, and a comprehensive guide to nearly every aspect of Ocracoke Island.
|Click for Ocracoke Island History|
Ocracoke Navigator includes:
- Two Audio Walking Tours (Around Creek & Down Point, with 21 stops, covering 25 points of interest)
- Interactive Google maps that are categorized, filterable, and searchable
- A listing for every gift shop, gallery & store
- A listing for every point-of-interest
- Ocracoke Island history
- Vintage island photos
- Kayak tour map
- Public service information
- Beach access information
- Ferry information
- And much more, including Arts, Dining, Lodging, and Recreation!
Take a look at Ocracoke Navigator today...and check back often. More information (about local businesses and island history) is being added regularly.
This month's Ocracoke Newsletter relates the story of the prohibition-era rum runner Messenger of Peace that brought much pleasure to the residents of Portsmouth. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news062115.htm.