Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gone for Awhile

Many of you have met or at least know of one of our wonderful local authors, Pat Garber. She has written "Orcacoke Wild", "Ocracoke Odyssey", "Your Questions Answered", and the new "Little Sea Horse". She also writes a monthly column for the Island Breeze and periodically writes for Wildlife NC. She's recorded two CD's - "Dream Sailing" and " Beyond the Blue Horizon". She teaches music to daycare, pre-K, 1st and 2nd graders. She is a former wildlife rehabilitator on the island and active in Ocracats. She just left her job as director of the Ocracoke Preservation Society. She also makes Yaupon tea and she's my best friend. She left the island the other day for a job at Ghost Ranch in Abiquia, NM. I am thrilled for her and sad for me. We'll miss her very much .......safe home Pat.

(Posted by Jude)

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter tells about island customs relating to death & dying. You can read the newsletter here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:30 AM

    I had tea with Pat in her lovely little cottage one afternoon last summer. I count it as one of my favorite days! Farewell.
    Lou Ann

    ReplyDelete